Sunday, April 23, 2006
BAS RUTTEN IS DONE WITH PRIDE ~ AGAIN!
Apparently the "face of the PRIDE Fighting Championships" Bas Rutten is once again done with the promotion. After being told originally that it was ok to work with the IFL (International Fight League) Bas was later informed he isn't permitted to work their debut show - after committing to it, because it conflicts with his preperation for the upcoming PRIDE show. Bas had a meeting in Los Angeles a few weeks ago with the PRIDE president, and was told everything is fine, but at the last minute was told he can't work the show. Bas said after the controversy earlier this year that saw him leave the company before ultimately deciding to bury the hatchet and return, that he refuses to go through the same run-around, and has likely called his last fight for the premeir Japanese fight organization. "To say the least, it really pissed me off," said the former 3 times King of Pancrase and UFC Heavyweight champion on the "Beatdown" radio show on Sherdog.com referring to his current situation with PRIDE. "I'm still a fighter guys, I don't like to be jerked around." To those wondering if he's really done as this news kind of comes out of nowhere, Bas says "In my mind, I kind of already made it up. Let's give it up, it's over." To keep up to date on Bas Rutten and where he'll end up in all of this, keep up with his official website by logging onto www.basrutten.tv.
Posted by Doug Jefford