Sunday, July 20, 2008

SILVIA SAYS ..."I DON'T THINK HE'S HUMAN!!"


"I know that I'm one of the best in the world, I was amazed at how good Fedor is. He hurt me right away and submitted me. The guy's a stud. I don't even think he's human. That guy hits hard. I've never been hit that hard before."

"I was definitely expecting there to be more of a feeling-out process. My manager says that it's good that [Emelianenko] did that because that means he gives me a lot of respect. He didn't want to go in there and play around. I guess I can kind of take that as a compliment. This guy is unreal. He's incredible, and I don't know if anybody's going to beat him for a while."

Emelianenko remained typically humble in victory, saying: “I was very pleased with my performance. Everything I wanted to do I was able to do.”

AND DANA WHITE SAID....UFC president Dana White has been relentless in his criticism of ex-PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko over the past several years.

White has criticized and mocked the popular Russian for failing to face top competition and taking on inexperienced and even smaller fighters over the past three years.

But upon learning that Emelianenko had submitted ex-UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia on Saturday in Anaheim, Calif., in less than a minute, White unflinchingly admitted he was impressed.

“It does (change my opinion),” he conceded. “Tim Sylvia was a real opponent.”

No comments: