Tuesday, December 18, 2007

VITOR BELFORT WANTS BACK IN UFC & WANTS TITO!


Since last fighting in the Ultimate Fighting Championship almost three years ago, Vitor “The Phenom” Belfort has spent time in multiple promotions including Pride, Cage Rage and StrikeForce, but it looks like the Brazilian is hoping for a return to the UFC at some point in the near future.

Belfort recently came on Tagg Radio and confirmed a meeting he had with representatives from Zuffa and while no details were made available he sounded confident with its results and even mentioned who he’d like to fight if he returned to the Octagon.

“We had a meeting it was great,” said Belfort. “Actually what I want, everybody has pride and one thing I have unfinished business with Tito (Ortiz) being the last fight since I won the fight, most people feel I won the fight.”

The last fight between Belfort and Ortiz ended in a split decision win for “The Huntington Beach Bad Boy” but the former UFC champion has a new idea for the fight if he and Ortiz meet again.

“Basically what I would like to do is I would like to fight him and I have a challenge for him,” Belfort stated emphatically. “The challenge would be winner take it all.”

Beyond the grudge match brewing with Ortiz, Belfort feels that his return to the UFC is necessary because of his long standing ties with the promotion and that the fighters there now are treading on his territory.

“The UFC’s my house,” Belfort said. “See a lot of guys there, they are at my house. The UFC’s my house, they come into my land. Even Tito, he came after, he came to my house.”

Fans have long clamored for Vitor Belfort’s return, but not the fighter who has struggled in many of his recent fights, they have long been begging for the warrior who blew through competition like Wanderlei Silva and Tank Abbot a few years ago.

“I know the fans want the old Vitor back,” stated Belfort. “I took care of my issues, took care of my problems so now I’m clean and ready to get back into the UFC.”

Belfort confirmed that he is no longer training at Black House in Brazil and now works only with a team of coaches and selective training partners.

Ultimately, Belfort understands the challenge in front of him, but he knows that to face the best fighters in the world he needs to be in the UFC.

“I want to fight with the best so you have to be around the best,” said Belfort.

No comments: