Saturday, November 07, 2009
FEDOR RULES THE PLANET !!!
Well FEDOR is still the baddest man on the planet like it or not! Brett Rogers was kind of a sore loser and should of congratulated Fedor,but instead made excuses and too much wanting a rematch...I don't think he'll get one cuz Strikeforce has a next heavyweight bout set to determine the next to face Fedor,you know somw will argue it got stopped early, but Breet didn't say that he just said it sucked and went on to say he shoulda let his hands go more ,so in real time people...Brett knew and didn't deny he lost...
- Fabricio Werdum beat Antonio Silva by unanimous decision
- Gegard Mousasi beat Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou by second-round TKO (strikes)
- Jake Shields beat Jason "Mayhem" Miller by unanimous decision
- Fedor Emelianenko beat Brett Rogers by second round TKO
Pre lim Results:
- Marloes Coenen beat Roxanne Modafferi by first-round submission (arm bar)
- Shamar Bailey beat John Kolosci by unanimous decision
- Christian Uflacker beat Jonatas Novaes by unanimous decision
- Nate Moore beat Louis Taylor by second-round submission (punches)
- Jeff Curran beat Dustin Neace by first-round submission (injury)
How the MAIN EVENT went as reported by wrestlingimpactcom
FEDOR VS. ROGERS RESULTS:
-Fedor Emelianenko vs. Bret Rogers
R1- Fedor gets a hold of Rogers early and tosses him to the ground, but Rogers is quick to his feet. Rogers presses Fedor against the cage, but they soon separate. Fedor connects with a big right hand hurting Rogers. Fedor swarms and gets the fight to the ground where he works from Rogers' half guard. Fedor goes for a kimura and Rogers reverses, landing and top reigning down huge bombs. Fedor goes for an armbar, but Rogers slips out. Fedor goes for a head and arm choke, but Rogers is able to slip out and pull full guard. Fedor moves out and swoops back in for a big punch but misses. The round ends with Fedor on top of Rogers.
MMAWeekly scores R1 10-9 Fedor Emelianenko
R2- Fedor starts to stalk forward with Rogers backing up
. The two engage and Fedor opens up a barrage of punches, mostly blocked by Rogers and Rogers is quick to fire back. Fedor blasts Rogers with a huge right hand that sends the big man down. Fedor follows up with a few more strikes before referee John McCarthy saw enough to stop the fight.
Fedor Emelianenko def. Brett Rogers by TKO (referee's stoppage due to strikes) at 1:48, R2
AND....for as long as it stays up...the video of the the TKO
Posted by Doug Fresh