Sunday, May 24, 2009
UFC 98 RESULTS
– George Roop beat Dave Kaplan via split decision. The scores were 29-28 Kaplan, 30-27 Roop 30-27 Roop. Reportedly a good fight, but as it went 3 round, it is unlikely to air on the main show unless there is a lot of short matches.
– Yoshiyuki Yoshida beat Brandon Wolff via a guillotine choke in the first round.
– Krzysztof Soszynski defeated Andre Gusmao via knockout in the 1st round.
– Kyle Bradley beat Philippe Nover in the first round via ref stoppage. This was controversial. Nover was taken down and was stunned with a punch, Bradley, however, was missing all of his other punches. The ref, seeing Nover stunned, stopped the fight. The crowd was pissed with the stoppage.
– Tim Hague beat Pat Barry in the first round with a guillotine. Reportedly the best match on the show so far.
– Brock Larson defeated Mike Pyle via an arm triangle choke in the first round.
– Frankie Edgar beat Sean Sherk via unanimous decision
– Chael Sonnen defeated Dan Miller via unanimous decision
– Drew McFedries defeated Xavier Foupa-Pokam via TKO in the first round.
– Matt Hughes defeated Matt Serra via unanimous decision
– UFC Light Heavyweight Championship: Lyoto Machida defeated Rashad Evans via knockout in the second round.
Posted by Doug Jefford