Wednesday, February 18, 2009

WHAT'S NEW WITH FEDOR???


DreamFighters.com: Fedor, we want to start out by saying its an Honor speaking with you, and thank you for taking the time to speak to me.

DreamFighters.com: What have you been up to since your Win at Affliction 2, against Arlovski?

Fedor Emelianenko: Well, when I came back from the USA I almost immediately had to start working on the movieproject I’m in. The movie is called the fifth element. Besides this I am training for a Sambo fight in March.

DreamFighters.com: How did that fight go for you? Do you feel Anderi was getting the better of you standing up?

Fedor Emelianenko: No, I don’t. Arlovski is a very good striker but if you watch the fight closely you can see he didn’t hit me that much. I did not feel in trouble at any moment.

DreamFighters.com: Your team said you did not properly train for that fight. Is that correct? Was it a concern for you going into this fight ?

Fedor Emelianenko: Because of the filmproject I didn’t have the time to train as I usually do for a fight but it was enough to get in shape and get focussed. It wasn’t a concern because I felt strong and was confident in an good outcome.

DreamFighters.com: Once again, you are the WAMMA HW champion - How does it feel to wear the WAMMA belt once again?

Fedor Emelianenko: It felt great of course. I think that the opponents I fought were all good challengers for the WAMMA title.

DreamFighters.com: Do you know who you will be fighting next? Josh Barnett? Your manager hinted at Vitor Belfort ?

Fedor Emelianenko: I don’t know yet. I have much respect for both Josh and Vitor.

DreamFighters.com: Will you be fighting on the next affliction Card? Is there been any talks of you fighting Brock Lesnar?

Fedor Emelianenko: Yes, I will fight again on the next affliction card. Besides this me and my management hope to get a chance to talk to Dana White in person in June to discuss a possible fight between me and Brock.

DreamFighters.com: (Fan Question) What are your thoughts on the WAMMA belt and WAMMA system?

Fedor Emelianenko: I think the WAMMA is a professional organization, I also like the system.

DreamFighters.com: (Russian Fan Question) Back in Pride days, can you remember 1 moment with Josh Barnett and Wanderlei Silva that stands out in your mind?

Fedor Emelianenko: With Josh I have very good memories. We sometimes partied after a fight back in the Pride days together with my trainers. I remember Wanderlei mostly for his fights in the ring. I think he was a great sensation in the ring.

DreamFighters.com: (Croatian Fan Question) Fedor, we have a young Croatian here that would like to ask you something: “Hi Fedor, it’s honor speaking with you. Was there any time back in Pride that you and Mirko spent time together, or had some fun? Was Mirko hard to get along with”

Fedor Emelianenko: I never spend time with Mirko outside the ring. We both respected each other. It’s about time we would do something together.

DreamFighters.com: Fedor, out of all the fights you have had, who Punches the hardest, who Kicks the hardest, and who was the best wrestler?

Fedor Emelianenko: Well Fujita is the only one who ever hit me right, and he hit hard! But I can’t really make a good comparison with the other guys.

DreamFighters.com: Fedor, what was your thoughts of kiril sidelnikov’s fight?

Fedor Emelianenko: I think Kirill did a good job, he is only 21 and needs to learn much more. Buentello is a very experienced fighter and was the smarter fighter. But the next time Kirill must listen better to his corner..,

DreamFighters.com: Fedor, we thank you very much for taking the time to speak to us today. We wish you the best of luck. God Bless

No comments: