Sunday, April 27, 2008

JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT MATT HUGHES WAS DONE .....

The following is from Matt Hughes home page, www.matt-hughes.com:

June 7th, in England, I fight Thiago Alves. The fight is confirmed, it will be the main event for the card. Dana just called me with the news. Chuck got hurt and couldn’t fight, so he needed a replacement and called me and I said yes. More news as I get it. No matter what happens in this fight, I’ve got Serra next. -matt

AND....
"The UFC has announced that the June 7th UFC 86 card from London, England will now be a free TV event with Chuck Liddell pulling out from the card. The new main event sees Light Heavyweights Rashad Evans and James Irvin collide. This is the smartest move possible by the company as this show would have been lost on PPV being sandwiched between the May 24th card and the July 5th event with Quinton Jackson Vs Forrest Griffin. Do you realize this means there will be 4 UFC shows in a span of 6-weeks with UFC 84, 85, 86 and a TUF 7 finale?"
Post a Comment