Sunday, January 13, 2008

JOSH " THE HITMAN" RABEDEAUX INTERVIEW



Record : 30-1 ( 20-1 Pro, 10-0 Amateur)

Age : 23 • Height : 5'10" • Weight : 145

Fighting Out Of : Chandler, Arizona • Home State : Iowa

Fighting Styles : Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, Kickboxing

Background : 3x Iowa wrestling champion, Miletich Fighting Systems, Rage In The Cage Bantamweight Champion, Midwest Kings Of The Ring Bantamweight Champion, currently competing in King Of The Cage & Gladiator Challenge

Website: The Hitman On MySpace and FightZoo

Sponsors : Booyah, Take A Nap fight gear, DTO (Dangerous To Others), Vinyl Werks


Q : Josh, I know that you were with Miletich Fighting Systems for a year and a half. How did your background and early training get you to the point that you were able to become a member of one of the world's most well known and elite fighting teams?

I grew up in Iowa and was a big fan of Pat, he's a nice guy and easy to talk to, and has a good system. That is what I was looking for in a camp. I was a 3 time state champion wrestler, and when that was all over I was interested in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and figured it was a good way to keep me out of trouble. Plus, there's not a whole lot to do back in Iowa.



Q : What prompted you to make the move from Iowa to Arizona?

I have family out here in Arizona and you can't beat the weather. I am back and forth between Iowa and Arizona.

Q : Looking at your career thus far, the first stat that really stands out is your undefeated career record (26-0). Does keeping the streak alive add any extra pressure when you step in the cage?

There are times when it does add a little bit of pressure but thats what comes with fighting. I started fighting in the cage just for fun. Then I kept winning all of my fights and started to train more and more. Now it has brought me to where I am today. I train full time, 6 days a week, 6 hours a day. I hope to keep my streak alive and become one of the top fighters in MMA and help the sport grow as much as possible. I would like to thank all my sponsors and the fans out there who help make MMA as big as it is today.

Q : What's the story behind the nickname 'Hitman' ...does it have anything to do with the fact that only 4 of your 26 fights have made it to the second round? And didn't you recently have a 10 second TKO victory?

I was making my cage entrance at a show, they used the nickname, and it stuck with me. The 10 second TKO was fun... a good 'ol superman punch got the job done.




Q : You have an upcoming match with Urijah Faber, generally regarded as the top Bantamweight fighter in the world. Any thoughts on this?

I believe it will be a hell of a fight . He's a great fighter. I have alot of respect for the guy and we both want the same thing... to be on top. But I am ready for whoever they put me against.

Q : Outside of the cage, what do you enjoy doing in your spare time?

I like to be outdoors riding my streetbikes, hanging out with my friends and my girlfriend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rest in Peace Josh